© Francesca Moore
Met Bobby from Bellissima, a handicraft shop in Jaisalmer. Bobby’s fighting for the rights of women in the Thar desert, who may be widowed or divorced and are otherwise without opportunity to work for a living. Bobby says that women cannot be seen to work in the shops or restaurants as these are jobs of men, and she’s proudly here in her shop fighting to change the views of society. This blanket was designed and handmade by women in the Rajasthani villages, and all proceeds go to them. It also kept us very warm on the train, so thank you again!
All Images © Francesca Moore
From the lovely Hill View Guesthouse, nestled below the Mehrangarh Fort, I became fascinated with the rooftop culture in Rajasthan’s blue city, Jodhpur. From here you can see people ponder, play, sleep and pray. Beautiful.
- RT @BrightonSource: All set for tonight’s exhibition launch at @NorthLainePub celebrating 20 years of Source. See you in a couple of hours!… 2 weeks ago
- Loved this - can’t wait to see more pictures this month #BPB18 #BPF18 twitter.com/pete_boyd/stat… 2 weeks ago
- RT @PhotoFringe: Opening tomorrow: 20 Years of @BrightonSource, the most popular and trusted guide to the city, now celebrating 20 years ht… 2 weeks ago
- RT @pete_boyd: It's not About Football exhibition installation. Opens tonight. #BPF18 https://t.co/2GRmTe2CiP 3 weeks ago
- RT @guardianeco: The week in wildlife – in pictures theguardian.com/environment/ga… 1 month ago