© Francesca Moore
Met Bobby from Bellissima, a handicraft shop in Jaisalmer. Bobby’s fighting for the rights of women in the Thar desert, who may be widowed or divorced and are otherwise without opportunity to work for a living. Bobby says that women cannot be seen to work in the shops or restaurants as these are jobs of men, and she’s proudly here in her shop fighting to change the views of society. This blanket was designed and handmade by women in the Rajasthani villages, and all proceeds go to them. It also kept us very warm on the train, so thank you again!
All Images © Francesca Moore
From the lovely Hill View Guesthouse, nestled below the Mehrangarh Fort, I became fascinated with the rooftop culture in Rajasthan’s blue city, Jodhpur. From here you can see people ponder, play, sleep and pray. Beautiful.
- RT @IKINTST: Hi there, @BBCSport / @GaryLineker . Any chance either of you could help me with this? Many thanks 😊 m.facebook.com/story.php?stor…… 1 week ago
- RT @guardianeco: 'Ditch cling film and switch to soap': 10 easy ways to reduce your plastics use in 2019 theguardian.com/environment/20… 2 weeks ago
- RT @portrait_salon: The 52 portraits selected by the 15,000 public votes are now on our website as well as our 2018 publication https://t.c… 1 month ago
- RT @UNofPhoto: In this week's podcast I called for transparency in judging decisions itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/a-p… the guys @portrait_salon have… 2 months ago
- RT @BrightonSource: One of our Street Source photographers @pete_boyd just won an award for his shots for @PhotoFringe taken at World Cup g… 2 months ago