© Francesca Moore
Met Bobby from Bellissima, a handicraft shop in Jaisalmer. Bobby’s fighting for the rights of women in the Thar desert, who may be widowed or divorced and are otherwise without opportunity to work for a living. Bobby says that women cannot be seen to work in the shops or restaurants as these are jobs of men, and she’s proudly here in her shop fighting to change the views of society. This blanket was designed and handmade by women in the Rajasthani villages, and all proceeds go to them. It also kept us very warm on the train, so thank you again!
All Images © Francesca Moore
From the lovely Hill View Guesthouse, nestled below the Mehrangarh Fort, I became fascinated with the rooftop culture in Rajasthan’s blue city, Jodhpur. From here you can see people ponder, play, sleep and pray. Beautiful.
- Make sure the government protects British food after Brexit. Sign the petition now: speakout.38degrees.org.uk/campaigns/don-… 2 weeks ago
- crowdfunder.co.uk/keep-fabrica I'm looking forward to my shiney pink badge, and I'll wear it with pride ;) #KEEPFABRICA #Brighton 4 weeks ago
- Vegetables left rotting in fields because of Brexit farm worker shortage independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-n… 1 month ago
- RT @fidz72: Guardian photographer of the year: 2017 shortlist theguardian.com/artanddesign/2… @RodrigoabdAbd @bzohra @kfrayer @hannahmckay88 @davph… 3 months ago
- RT @NatGeo: "When scientists say bears are going extinct, I want people to realize what it looks like," says photographer Paul Nicklen http… 3 months ago