This gallery contains 11 photos.
We just spent a week at the Sambhavna Trust Clinic in Bhopal. I offered up my photographic services voluntarily, and was requested by Sathyu, who runs the clinic, to a) photograph the ayurvedic medicinal garden – this grows the plants for the traditional medicines used in the clinic (alongside western medicines). It is entirely organic […]
© Francesca Moore
Met Bobby from Bellissima, a handicraft shop in Jaisalmer. Bobby’s fighting for the rights of women in the Thar desert, who may be widowed or divorced and are otherwise without opportunity to work for a living. Bobby says that women cannot be seen to work in the shops or restaurants as these are jobs of men, and she’s proudly here in her shop fighting to change the views of society. This blanket was designed and handmade by women in the Rajasthani villages, and all proceeds go to them. It also kept us very warm on the train, so thank you again!
- RT @portrait_salon: The 52 portraits selected by the 15,000 public votes are now on our website as well as our 2018 publication https://t.c… 2 weeks ago
- RT @UNofPhoto: In this week's podcast I called for transparency in judging decisions itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/a-p… the guys @portrait_salon have… 1 month ago
- RT @BrightonSource: One of our Street Source photographers @pete_boyd just won an award for his shots for @PhotoFringe taken at World Cup g… 1 month ago
- .@PhotoFringe #DWMA18 Pete Boyd gets my vote. 1 month ago
- RT @CarolineLucas: Good to see @michaelgove taking steps to ban plastic straws, stirrers and cotton buds - but the problem is much bigger t… 1 month ago