This gallery contains 11 photos.
We just spent a week at the Sambhavna Trust Clinic in Bhopal. I offered up my photographic services voluntarily, and was requested by Sathyu, who runs the clinic, to a) photograph the ayurvedic medicinal garden – this grows the plants for the traditional medicines used in the clinic (alongside western medicines). It is entirely organic […]
© Francesca Moore
Met Bobby from Bellissima, a handicraft shop in Jaisalmer. Bobby’s fighting for the rights of women in the Thar desert, who may be widowed or divorced and are otherwise without opportunity to work for a living. Bobby says that women cannot be seen to work in the shops or restaurants as these are jobs of men, and she’s proudly here in her shop fighting to change the views of society. This blanket was designed and handmade by women in the Rajasthani villages, and all proceeds go to them. It also kept us very warm on the train, so thank you again!
- RT @cms_gray: I'd love to get this project off the ground & have fantastic north London darkroom facilities to use! Not much time left to f… 5 days ago
- RT @FotoDocument: We regularly provides support for artists. Currently mentoring @moorefran for her project on Romanian farmers to exhibit… 1 week ago
- Back in Romania developing 'Fermă' for exhibition @ONCAnetwork & then @RCC_London thanks to @ace_national onca.org.uk/whats-on/next/… 1 week ago
- Listen to repeat of Mark Johnson's @radioreverb show now - Chatting about my work @BhopalMedAppeal & forthcoming @ONCAnetwork show #Brighton 2 weeks ago
- RT @Slipstreemwwb: Listen to @Slipstreemwwb on @radioreverb talking to Francesca Moore @moorefran 2pm 2 weeks ago